|How does it work?|
The PTH is not and filter or purifier, BUT A CONDITIONER/SOFTENER. The devise works on the principle of de-ionisation. When water passes through the devise and over the inner core, electron impulses are remitted into the water, bringing about electrochemical changes to the ions in the dissolved minerals, whilst the Hydrogen bonding of the water (H2O) molecules are relaxed, thus decreasing the surface tension, resulting in wetter water. The devise requires a proper earth to allow for a constant flow of electrons to be released into the passing water.
Sizes Available:(the flowrate will determine the selection of the appropriate unit)
THE 10 POINT-ADVANTAGE: BENEFITS OF THE ISRAELI PTH VERSUS CONVENTIONAL WATER SOFTENERS
1. PRICE: PTH is considerably cheaper
2. MAINTENANCE: PTH requires practically no maintenance. Resin softeners cannot function without regular salt charging.
3. RUNNING COSTS: PTH has no parts to be replaced, and therefore absolutely no maintenance costs. Resin in softener ages and has to be replaced. Valves in softener are volatile and can be problematic. PTH on the other hand, has no moving parts.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLINESS: Salty discharges released from resin softener in the soil during brine rinse process, cause brackness and "nothing" grows in brack soil. Resin softeners have already been banned in several places worldwide. PTH, on the other hand, stimulates crops - up to 200% increase in crop yields.
5. COMFORT: Easy installation. In-line. Sturdy, practical device. No moving parts. Unbreakable. Eliminates chemicals. Power interruptions confuse rinse cycle in fully automatic resin softeners.
6. SAVINGS: PTH saves on chemicals, acids, shutdowns, downtime, and manpower, all factors which affect production and consequently, profitability - this applies to plants and factories. Numerous concerns already cancelled costly "contracts" with chemical companies having used PTH for the first time. PTH uses no electricity, apart from being unbreakable and lasting indefinitely. (Resin softeners make water more corrosive.)
7. TASTE OF WATER: PTH improves taste of brack water. Resin softener on the other hand, releases sodium in water during cation exchange process, resulting in brackish taste. (Sodium is the metal component of ordinary salt.)
8. HEALTH: Nails break less easily with PTH; skin rash and irritations are minimized; hair perms last much longer and hair requires less shampooing. PTH enables the body to continue absorbing calcium and magnesium in water. Those substances - essential for building of cells in bone, teeth, hair and nails - are neutralised, however resin softeners remove calcium and magnesium and deprives the body of those sources. Women, especially, sometimes suffer from osteoporosis owing to a lack of calcium. The latest scientific tests based on research, also indicate that magnesium and calcium may be protective against heart diseases.
Cases were reported of PTH users itching less, having had their baths in softened PTH water. (Dissolved phosphate crystals contain phosphorous and are not recommended for drinking purposes. High sodium levels in water "treated" by old-fashioned resin softeners exacerbate blood hypertension and ischemic heart problems.
9. TRANSPORT: PTH is smaller and more compact than resin softener, and may easily be disconnected and taken with when owner moves house.
10. SAFETY: Certain factories process foods, syrups, juices, flour and baking powders. The use of chemicals under those conditions creates a safety hazard. PTH eliminates this risk. The same applies to dairies and cheese factories, where it is undesirable to work with chemicals, which may contaminate those products.
PTH for swimming pool applications
PTH is EXCELLENT for swimming pools where it will yield good results in four areas:
1, Soft water to enjoy your swimming pool better
2. Protection of pumps and filter
3. Prevention of scale build-up on sides of pool
4. Massive reduction of HTH use - up to 50%, which is a huge saving.
For a pump yielding 20 000 liters per hour, one can divide by three, and then need a PTH which can cope with around 7000 l.h. (This is because the PTH is installed PARALLEL to the main supply line. If this line is, for example, 3 inches in diameter, one divides by three, which then gets you to ONE inch.)
So he will need a PTH with a 7000 l/h capacity, or 116 l/m per minute. So we know a PTH 32 will do the job - this is a 1 1/4" inch.
The principle is that all swimming pool water circulates through the PTH via the pump in a 24 hour period.
The fact that one reduces down to a third of the pipe size or the water volume is a big saving for the client. In this case he doesn't have to buy a PTH big enough to cope with 20 0000 l/h,which would have been a PTH 65 or 2 ½” since a PTH 32 will be sufficient.